If you're eager to learn how to use a hair straightener properly, you're in for a treat! The hair straightener, also known as an iron, is a popular tool that is widely used to style hair. It's not just a favorite among hairstylists; it has also become a must-have item in every household.
Using a hair straightener can give you fabulous results compared to using a hair dryer alone. However, to make the most of this wonderful invention, there are a few important things to keep in mind. So, without further ado, here are seven valuable tips that will make your hair straightening experience a breeze:
Top Tips to Use the Hair Straightener Correctly
1. Limit the use of the hair straightener: While the iron can make your hair look fabulous, it's important not to overdo it. High temperatures can damage your hair, so it's best to avoid using the iron every day.
2. Protect your hair with a heat protector: Using a heat protector product can help minimize the damage caused by high temperatures, whether from the hair dryer or the iron. Apply it before exposing your hair to heat. We recommend using a heat protector and a defrizante for added protection.
3. Start with detangled hair: Make sure to untangle your hair before using the iron. This will prevent you from having to spend extra time on a tangled lock and avoid applying excessive heat in one spot.
4. Consider your hair thickness: If you have very thick locks, be mindful of the iron's effectiveness. It may not give you the desired finish, so consider other styling options or techniques that work better for your hair type.
5. Adjust the temperature wisely: Choose the appropriate temperature setting on the iron based on your hair type. This is especially important for blonde hair, as they can be more delicate. Avoid using the iron at its maximum power to prevent unnecessary damage.
6. Find the right pace: When using the iron, don't rush or go too slow. Find a rhythm that allows you to achieve your desired results without risking burning your hair. Smooth, steady movements are key.
7. Learn from tutorials for creating waves: If you're interested in creating waves with the iron but lack experience, it's highly recommended to watch tutorials or seek guidance. Only venture into it when you have a clear understanding of the technique, as this will help you avoid unintentional damage to your hair.
Remember, taking care of your hair is crucial, and using the iron correctly is just one part of a healthy hair care routine.